Obsessions

I’m obsessed.

With some tv shows that is. You see while most of my family watches Americas Next Top Model or House Hunters. I watch supernatural, doctor who, Sherlock and sword art online. But I don’t simply watch it, I obsess over it. Now this doesn’t mean just talking about it a few times, it means putting references to certain shows as many times as I can while talking. I also read fanfiction, this is when someone writes something basted off of a tv show, book, movie, musical, ect.

And then there’s shipping.

Shipping is when you take two characters from a tv show, book, movie, musical, ect. (You get the idea) and you…. (Let me explain the easiest way I can) you force them into a relationship that will most likely never actually happen. There are shipping wars within different fandoms a lot too. Shipping wars happen when someone ships…. Let’s say….. Destiel (this is a ship name from the tv show supernatural) and someone else ships megstiel. (also a ship name from supernatural) Now these people could possibly get in a fight and say their ship is better. They will also give reasons why their ship is better. Shipping wars aren’t the most fun to get into.

You’ve heard me mention fandoms.

Fandoms are… Well… It’s basically a group of people (it’s a very large group most of the time) who all obsess over the same thing. Most people in fandoms have social media apps. The two most common are tumblr and Instagram. On social media people in fandoms are able to connect with other people in the same fandom and obsess together.

Well that’s the small part of it! If I try to go too in depth with fandoms and shipping and shush it will just become a big, confusing mess!